The focus of this one-day PD program is on classroom practices and techniques designed to address cross-curricular priorities and general capabilities by employing recent developments for teaching creative writing to high school students.
Monday 4, October 2021
Venue: Room 450.4.035, Murdoch University, South Street, Murdoch
Includes: Lunch, Morning tea, Arrival refreshment, Program notes
Cost: $295 (w/o parking), $300 (with parking)
While it will usually be English teachers who teach creative writing, it need not be. The relationship between English and creative writing is contested by many scholars around the world and hangs by the thread of language alone — which means it’s just as relevant in any other language, say Spanish, French, Farsi for example … perhaps even mathematics and music. It is fundamental to cross curricular learning and embedding general capabilities into school-wide learning. Develop a sense of what learning might be taking place in the creative writing classroom, which can then lead to ways of thinking about learning and assessment and the development of creative thinking and skills.
The PD includes a mix of background theory, practical teaching techniques and exercises you can use in your classroom immediately.
A full-day PD program, applicable to all high school learning years.
● Understand what is creative writing and why it matters
● Learn how every student can achieve something in a creative writing class
● Discover techniques for connecting thinking and writing across the curriculum
● Discover the joy of writing for yourself and writing with your students
● Leave with a portfolio of exercises you can use to engage students from day 1
● Certificate of participation issued
0 items in the cart ($0.00)